Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Did You Miss Me?

I'm back! I spent the weekend plus Monday at my parents' house in Idaho and had a wonderfully relaxing and productive time. However, because--as we explained to my daughter--my parents do not have internet in the air (WiFi) I was not able to surf. Because of that I was not able to respond to anyone else's blogs or post on any of my favorite message boards. I have done just a bit of catch-up since then, but not a lot. So If your splendiforously brilliant blog entry did not get a response from me, my apologies. I'm getting there!

Quick sum-up of how my hubby and I met. When I was at college my hubby was a missionary for the LDS church and he was sent to my area. It was one of those love at first sight things, but LDS missionaries have super-strict rules that include no dating so that was out. He also had to be with his companion all the time so there was no talking about it either. But after he left and went to another area, there were letters. Lots of letters. We wrote for about eighteen months and set the date about two months before he came home. (Thus the invitations ordered before the engagement.) I went to Arizona to see him about a week after he got home, we got engaged the second night I was there, but he didn't actually take me out to dinner till the third night we were there, which was our official first date. We got married one month after that. Fun, fun.:) We had a gorgeous wedding!

And since we're on the subject of my family and some of you have been bugging me for pictures, here you go.




This is my oldest, Audrey, on her fourth birthday. On a side note, my hubby and I spent about three hours making that cake. In it's original form it was two regular rectangular cakes and three tubs of cream cheese frosting.:)





This is my second, Brennan. He is my model boy. He is so photogenic and prettier than any boy has any right to be, long dark eyelashes and all. This is just a quick snapshot of him playing in a fountain in Salt Lake City and it looks like a sunscreen ad.




And my baby.:) This is Gideon at two months old in his blessing tux. (The equivalent of a christening.) The last pictures I posted of him were with a hat on and for some reason, hats make him look really fat. He's not quite as chunky as he looked in his last pictures. Plus he has more hair than most babies his age and what are pictures for except to show off?:)






And last but certainly not least, this is one of my favorite pictures of my husband, Kenny. It was actually taken over four years ago, so the little bundle on his chest if my daughter, Audrey. I tell you, there's nothing sweeter than a father holding his baby.:)

And that's us. Well, there's me too, but my picture's always up there on your right.:)

Ciao!

10 comments:

David L. McAfee said...

Woohoo! Yer back! Feel missed? :)

Your babies are so cute! I gotta dig through my digi-pics and post one or two of my own.

Kari Pike said...

hmmm...remind me to show you a picture of myself about that age...you'd think we were related or something!

of course, they are the cutest grandkids ever!;0)

Tyhitia Green said...

You have a gorgeous family, Aprilynne!! :*)

Anonymous said...

What a great post - thanks for sharing! I love that last picture. Glad to have you back!

Anonymous said...

The last photo, hubby and the baby, should be entered in an 'Our Cutest Photos' contest.

moonrat said...

i missed you!!! i noticed you were gone and wondered if i had fallen out of favor. sniff. i thought, maybe she'll come back if i post more self-deprecating laundry news!!

the cake is awesome.

and so's your story. i totally believe in love at first sight. how nice it is to know it's possible for it to be mutual!

Michelle Zink said...

What a beautiful family, Aprilynne!

And most importantly, everyone looks happy (well, hubby's napping, so what's not to be happy about, right? :)))

Karissa Chen said...

omg. so cute.

writtenwyrdd said...

It's so lovely to see your gorgeous children. I'm glad you had a nice weekend away. On the other hand, aren't you a bit worried about sharing their names and photos with the world?

Kenny said...

writtenwyrd: Your concern for my children is appreciated. I might point you to this article for a short read on the nature of posting pictures to the internet.

One is cautious with one's children in public, and the internet is very public indeed! But while I would hardly put my children's school schedules or social security numbers online--and usually limit the sending of batches of pictures to personalized emails--my wife has posted no more on this website than one could gather by happening upon her and my children at the library, or the park, or the gas station, or the shopping center.

The sad truth is, children are about four times more likely to be harmed by an adult they trust than by a stranger.