Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Wish Me Luck!!

I am sending my new book to my agent today! Yea!

(No, really, I'm shaking in my shoes. Sshh! Don't tell.)

I have to say, I have yelled, pouted, sulked, stressed, despaired, and sweat over my books in the past, but this is the first book I have shed tears over. (Of course, that may also have something to do with being over eight months pregnant . . .) It's been quite an experience because I have two very major de-railings that I had to fix and both required me to really sit down and let go of my ego.

So, anyway, I'm excited and extremely nervous all at the same time. *Laugh* I also am apparently a glutton for punishment because after today I will be waiting to go into labor, waiting to hear back on my book that is still out on submission to six houses, and waiting to hear back from my agent on my new book. How's that for torture?;)

Ciao!

9 comments:

David L. McAfee said...

Whew! Waiting, waiting, waiting....you are just about waiting on the world, aren't ya? So much fun.

Best of luck to you, Aprilynne, on the new book and also on the book that is currently in the hands of those six lucky editors.

Also, here's hoping your labor is as smooth as possible. :)

Michelle Zink said...

Good luck, Aprilynne!

Anonymous said...

Good luck and Congrats!! The waiting will pay off...for all of them! :)

KC

ORION said...

Labor? Did someone say labor?

Lynne Griffin and Amy MacKinnon said...

Let me understand this, you've written an entire manuscript, revised it even, while pregnant with two young children underfoot? I don't think you need luck, you have enough determination and focus to get you where you want to go. You're amazing! Good luck with labor, though. The happiest hours of my life.

Amy

Tyhitia Green said...

Labor? Yikes, yikes, yikes! I'll rewrite a million books before I do labor. I'm not sure I can...

Anonymous said...

You really are amazing.

:) KC

Twill said...

Ah, I remember that feeling - I'm ready for this to be *OVER*.

But when it's here, it's just so *cute*. Book or baby, either one.

Kari Pike said...

yes, you are absolutely amazing...Isn't life wonderful! I admire the way you embrace it and make the most of all of your incredible talents.