Tuesday, August 22, 2006

I'm Back . . . really this time.

Okay. Our roof is on, my final polish of Lady Diane is done (full went out today, yea!), and Kenny starts school tomorrow. I think it is safe to say you will all be getting slightly more regular updates from here on out.

The Chain and the Sword: Still out to Nephele and Joe. Nephele mentioned on her blog that she is almost caught up with her reading so a response from her should come soon. I know Joe has not read it yet (or at least not finished it) because I queried him and he mentioned he was still reading but that I could send him chapters of L.D. too. (More yea!) I sent nudges to Mary Beth and Shawna and have not heard back from either. At this point I am not planning on ever hearing back from either. So it is all Nephele and Joe for Chain right now.

The Cymbals and the Crown: The first draft and first edit have been done. It still needs at least two rounds of polishing but right now I am concentrating on other things. Besides, if Chain gets published I'll probably (ha! Almost definitely) have to make changes so there's really no point in putting polishing at the top of my priority list right now. But my dad called me two nights ago just to tell me how much he enjoyed it; so it is getting rave reviews already. (wink.) I did send it to Stephenie and when she gets a chance (probably when she is flying to tour locations) she'll read through it. I'm totally patient on that one. :)

Lady Diane: This book has been done for a while, but I finally got it's fine polish finished after Stephany requested the full on Friday. Currently Lady Diane is out to: Joe, Mary Sue, Kristin, Elizabeth, Jenny, Jessica, the full to Stephany, and as of today, Kathy. I'm very pleased with the reactions to this book and am looking forward to hearing back from a few more agents.

Soleil: (Sigh) My new book. I am about ten pages into it and still making some decisions about the plot. Soleil is another historical romance that is about the next generation after Lady Diane. It involves a lot of theatre and more Basque and French culture and I am really excited about it. I'll put up updates on that one as I go.

Some more news that has nothing to do with me is that Stephenie's book, New Moon, came out about a week ago and, as I predicted, it debuted on the NYT Bestseller's list for Children and Teen books. I'm not sure when it will come out on the public list (authors always get to know ahead of time) but I am so excited for her! Go buy her book!:)

Kenny starts school tomorrow. Our vacation is officially over. And I'm okay with that. I'm ready to get back to a regular schedule and not have to stop in the middle of the day and think, "What day is this again?" Schedules are good. Really!

Okay, that's my news. You may now consider yourself updated!

Ciao!

No comments: